Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Fan-Ecke
MichaelDike Offline

12.06.2018 13:03
TLC -- problems sending. Antworten

HI,

When the current bandwidth "crisis" appeared about a month ago, there were apparently some public postings in the SETI newsgroups saying they were looking at just such things.However, they also mentioned in passing that it was harder to find huge amounts of free bandwidth than meets the eye. Or, so I remember from what was re-quoted in this space (I don't have time to read all imaingable newsgroups, not even the SETI ones).
Clearly, there are folks working on the problem (else we'd have been under constraint for at least a whole month or more) and there's even talk of a client update to do whatever compression is possible (not as easy as it looks). None of this, I think, qualifies yet as a real cure for these woes, if there is one.
There are some serious "control" issues here (including their "security by obscurity" controls, a necessary evil under the circumstances) and it isn't easy to manage distribution even if you presume people are waiting in the wings to surrender bandwidth for free.
We may be seeing the beginning of the rest of this project's life. I had so hoped Poof is right and the bandwidth would always be found. Perhaps it will be so despite this.Meanwhile, we can cheer ourselves with the thought that none of this has shown up in production numbers yet. At least not in an obvious, can't miss it way.
I haven't done a definitive study, but as I look at my team data, and zAm's, I don't see a big fall off or anything like that. Anyone look at Berkeley's or Roving Mouse's track to see if there's been any fall off?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic....845188&start=40
Real Estate Video

Thank you.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz