Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Black Music Forum
RobertStandley Offline

12.07.2018 12:42
Misogyny in rap music. Antworten

Hi,

Whilst in the shower (AKA Drew's contemplation time), I started thinking about how amazing it is just how far social equality has come since I was growing up in the 80s and 90s. As a society, we are increasingly aware of the sexism, racism, and homophobia around us, and people are speaking up and speaking out about it. For instance, many of the sayings, attitudes, and stances that I grew up around, especially in the tiny south Alabama town where I grew up, are verboten now for the most part. And I think it's a great thing.But then for some reason I started humming "Magic Stick" in my head, and it occurred to me that there is still one place where blatant misogyny is taken in stride, with hardly an eyelash batted: rap lyrics.So why is this? Why is there one incredibly popular part of our popular culture that just gets a free pass on being horribly sexist? Is it because most people who are sensitive to issues of sexism are also the same people who are sensitive to issues of racism, and therefore they don't want to be seen as being culturally or racially insensitive?What do you guys think?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1256723
Best explainer video companies

Thanks!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz